The Club holds Internal competitions for various bow styles and age groups.
• Outdoor Championships in late summer. (This Includes Worst White & Best Gold Trophys) & Indoor Championships in the spring. Also there are two competitions in memory of past members of the club,
• Dave Newnham, annually in mid-summer, outdoors, shooting the American round.
• Ray Conway, annually in late autumn, Indoors, shooting the WA18 round.
• The Bear and Ragged Staff Trophy is for the best performance in the monthly challenge series held over the winter (Judged on handicap scores).
• The second Sunday in January sees us shoot the Winter Worcester, with an overall winner (on handicap) •The last Sunday in June is the Midsummer Metric 80-30 competition (again a handicap shoot) and comprising 6 dozen arrows at 30 metres on an 80cm. face.
• The Club Clout Championship is held Early August,
• The York Trophy, is awarded at the Annual General Meeting, for the best York round (gents) or Hereford round (ladies) during the year, scored on handicap.
• New archers (shooting for less than 2 years) are eligible for the Beginners Trophy. Shot at the same time as the Outdoor Championships, this is a Short Junior National Round (4 dozen arrows at 30 yards, and 2 dozen at twenty yards. Again, this is a handicap event.
• Finally, again at the Club AGM, two trophies can be awarded for the most improved handicap over the preceding 12 months, one for Indoors and one for Outdoors. (Archers in their first year are not eligible.)
To qualify archers must:-
• Have a current handicap
• Use the same bow style for the whole 12 months for the handicap in question
The Outdoor trophy is the "Jason Costigan Memorial Trophy".